For address please see the contact page.
Chiang Mai to Li, Li to Chiang Mai Bus
- You can take a bus directly to Li from Chiang Mai, it will of course go through Lamphun (not Lampang). It departs from terminal 2.
- You can't to book tickets, you buy them directly in the bus. You just go into the bus, and then you will be charged at some point. The normal price is 70 baht. The busses going from CM to Li are not a part of greenbusthailand.com (2018-12-29).
- Departure times from Chiang Mai: 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00
- Departure times from Li: 05:00, 06:00, 07:00, 08:00, 09:00
- The bus ride takes approximately 3 hours depending on the traffic.
- When you arrive at the bus station in Li (last stop).
- The camp is 2 km from the Li bus station (https://goo.gl/maps/kW9PMJFEwdN2).
- You can walk, run, jump, cycle, take a taxi (about 100 baht), motorbike taxi (about 40 baht), call us to pick you up (100 baht. We will need to know one day before and you will need to call us when you reach Li) or you can take a rented bike from Chiang Mai with you to Li in the bus.
- Ask for: "Ban Farang Wat Luang gau" = Home of the foreigner near the old temple Luang. If they say "Wat Li Luang", it's a different temple.
- Good idea to have our address and phone number with you.
- Phone Thailand: +66 095 684 9669
- Address: Lek & Greg Vegan Camp, 201/2 Moo 5, Tambon Li, Amphoe Li Lamphun, 51110, Thailand.
- We are on maps.me an offline map for your smartphone based on open street map.
Blue and white taxi from Chiang Mai to Li Lamphun
If you want to come as early as possible you will need to take a blue taxi from Warrarot Market, Chiang Mai to Lamphun. And then from Lamphun to Li in a white taxi from the "River" (The taxi driver from Chiang Mai will know). I think they start from Chiang Mai about 5 or 6 o'clock and go to Lamphun every 15 minutes or so. The last ones go about 18:00 to Lamphun. But I think the last ones from Lamphun go about 16:00 or so.
You can cycle from Chiang Mai, the mountain route is very nice.
Video with directions and signs (the dirt road is paved now) and remember it is Wat Luang Gau (Not Wat Li Luang):
- From Bangkok
- Best to to catch a bus going to Chiang Mai or Lamphun, and ask if they stop in Li, Lamphun. Also Lampang is a viable option. Inexpensive taxi (songthaew) service from Lamphun/Lamphang to Li 60-70 baht per person.
- To Bangkok
- There is a shop in the center of Li, that goes to Bangkok. For instance departure at 19:30 and arrival in Bangkok the next day at 05:00.
- Sombat Tour 2020-01-05 price examples - prices vary during holidays and other busy periods - call and ask 053 304 041:
VIP 1 24 seats: 904 THB
VIP 2 32 seats: 678 THB
Normal: 581 THB
Bor Kor Sor
Normal: 490 THB
Departure Board Li Bus Station
- Green top left, departure times to Chiang Mai (big bus).
- Middle blue, departure times from and to Lampang (songthaew).
- Green top right, departure times from and to Thoen (songthaew).
- Green bottom right, departure times to go around in Li (songthaew).